Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tournament Report

Today I went to my locals in East LA. I went with a French Twilight deck that I borrowed from my friend. My teammates showed up and the prize for the event was a full box of Stardust Overdrive. I pulled 2 Crush Card Viruses from my turbo packs and a Garoth super.

Round 1. Me(French Twilight) VS New Guy(Gladiator Beasts)

So Im pretty unsure of what he's running so I decide to start the match by going nuts and filling up my grave. He sets a face down monster and 1 spell or trap. I celestia both and summon 2 JD and otk him. HE doesnt side so i dont side either. Game 2 was basically a repeat of the first.

Round 2. Me VS Chris(Counter Fairies)

So I get stuck facing my former teammate who changes decks every week so I wasnt sure what he was playing. He starts of with a Thunderking Raioh and a drastic drop off. I lose game 1 because he countered everything I had once Bountiful Artemis hit the field I lost advantage while he built it up. Game 2 I mill as much as I can and I summon Lumina and Garoth and mill Wulf at the endphase. He does lightning vortex and summons Thunderking. I respond next turn with JD and he forgets to activate Thunderkings effect but chains torrential. I beat him down with Lumina and Wulf. Game three I royal decree at his endphase and he loses without his counter traps.

Round 3. Me VS Alegra(Lightsworn)

I face my teammate Alegra. She told me to go easy on her. I otk her on my second turn. We both dont side and I otk her my first turn.

Round 4. Me VS Jonathan(Gadget Oppression)

I have to face another one of my teamamates. I go first and mill crap. From there it goes back and forth with him attacking and me summoning Tragodias and him destroying them after. He wins that game. Second game he sets three backfield and I decree at endphase. Breaker slaps him silly. Game three He summons kycoo and I respond with Tragoia and take his Kycoo. He manages to get rid of tragodia but I summon breaker and destroy dprison and finish him for game.



Round 5. Me VS Raul(Zombies)

This guy is one of the top players at Savys. He was a Top 16 participant at Shonen Jump Anaheim 2009 but didnt show up. Game 1 I easily kill him with 2 JD's. Game 2 I have the game but forget to synchro to rid myself of the Plague spreader in the grave. He summons Master synchs into Brianoc and send JD and my facedown back to my hand while dropping a a mezuki and goblin zombie. He removes Mezuki for Zombie master and synchs into Doomkaiser with my plague and takes Plague again and synchros into Stardust. He uses his burial to do it all over again. He summoned four level 8 synchros and I scooped. game 3. It goes back and forth. He's at 2150 and Im at 2300. He has DAD and Colossol Fighter on the field. I have 2 Honests in hand and a Solar Recharge. I draw Charge. I search for Jain and attack DAD and drop both Honests for game.
Top 8. Me VS Chris(Counter Fairy)

I have to face him again but this time I know what to do. I open up first and mill like crazy. Its over quick. Game 2 He starts of by setting and ending. I search for Jain to get rid of Thunderkings later in the game. I summon and attack. I set bottomless and end. He summons Harvest and I remove her from play. He sets another and ends. I set another bottomless and attack. He MST's the bottomless and attacks with Thunderking. My Jain dies. I Heavy Storm and Lumina and Jain hit him. IHe basically starts top decking for answers but I win.

Top 4. Me VS D(Gladiator Beasts)

Game 1 he makes a lot of mistakes and I dont allow him to recover from them. JD wins games people. Game 2 he searches for hoplomus with proving ground and sets it with D-Fissure face up. I summon Lyla and destroy fissure and I set torrential. He sets bestiari and he contacts. I chain torrential tribute. He sets three cards. I summon Breaker he solemns it. I end my turn. He summons Murmillo hits for 800 and I special Tragodia. He tags in for Laquari and smahes Tragodia. I use lightning vortex trying to force out My Body as a Shield. He lets Laquari die. I summon another Breaker and manage to destroy his mirror Force. He passes. I summon Lumina and get back Lyla destroying a set card. I attack with both Breaker and Lumina. I mill Gardnas in the end phase. He sets once more and I swing with Lumina for game. Fun Fact. When he side decked I noticed something odd with the way he side decked. He pile shuffle the deck and am about to give it back to him when I run my fingers through the cards and notice some are flipped. I call the Judge over to check his deck. The Judge later tells me that his entire side deck was flipped the other way and that he tried to stack against me but didnt DQ the guy cus he acted dumb.
Finals. Me VS Jonathan(Gadget Oppression)

We split since were teammates. We roll for the win. High roll. I roll a one and he rolls a five. We split with 2 other people cus I borrowed the French Twilight and he borrowed the Gadget oppression. We split the box four ways. Each person got six packs which is 1/4th of the box. I end up pulling Crusader of Endyiom Ultimate and an Earthbound reptile lizard thing Ultra. My teammate pulls the Red Lotus Rooklord or something like that and the Majestic dragon super. My friend we shared the box with pulled seal of wickedness, Clear Vice Dragon, Koaki Meiru Maximus, Black Brutdrago, and Fortunes Future.

No comments:

Post a Comment